Thursday, January 1, 2015

#TBT = Throwback Thursday! - Love

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
For those of you who are not aware of how I did things on my other blog, every Thursday I do the poetic version of the Instagram/Twitter/Facebook craze of posting something that is a blast from the past. On my other blog I was going in chronological order so I think I will do the same here. I hope you enjoy reading the poetry as much as I enjoyed reliving these poetic walks down memory lane! Feedback is welcome and appreciated so let me know what you think in the comments! :-)

Love

There is this winding in my soul
A road whose end I do not know
I hear the calling to follow this path
And I go
There is a King to travel with me
And I take this chance
As though it is the only chance I will ever have
The swelling of the blood in my heart
Is normal now
This joy every day
Is normal now
And Langston and Saul and Maya and Sonia
They speak in my mind
Lines as gifts
Written as gifts
And I breathe
A solid air of golden light
This Love is mine
And I taste it like sweet honey
He loves me
So I enjoy the journey
The voyage of this
Love

~~~

(originally posted on livejournal.com Sep. 14th, 2005 at 7:40am)


No comments:

Post a Comment